Direct recording units

King Soda

ok...thanks for your responses on my last post. I've been listening to some samples on webpages and i must say that these new direct recording boxes sound really good to me. Are there any significant differeces between a POD,a V-amp or a J-station?Can my Soundblaster Live handle direct recording from these boxes?Is there anything else i should know when buyig a direct recording box?

Yes, don't buy the Behringer V-amp. I've got it and it's ok to me, but I can't play the guitar at all. To me it makes no difference wether I buy a $10dollar fake-amp or a $500 fake. If you can play, it surely makes a difference. I've recorded with the POD and it sounds ok to me. I've recorded the V-amp and it really sucks. Don't know bout the J-station, but I've heard good things bout it.

I have both the POD and the V-amp and while overall the POD produces clear precise sounds, the V-amp also performs well and with slight mods to the tones (especially British Tweed) the V-amp
holds it's own very nicely and especially at a bargain basement price!

I have the J-Station and love it....for $149 you cant beat it.....it has acousic guitar patches, bass amp patches, and IMO better effects than the rest......

Gidge, I have a Zoom 505 and it has only 1 good patch but
I got mine for $45!! Nyaah Naa Na-Naa Naa!

Back