Direct Monitoring in CEP 2.0?

bluesdaddy

Can you listen to what your recording as you play it? Real Time Monitoring? I have the demo of CEP 2.0 and I am just about sold on it. But I need to be able to hear what I am playing as I record it. I am using a DElta 66 Card with Omni Studio Breakout Box.

Thanks
Lenny

Monitoring

Hey!

I am using CEP 2.0 with a Core2 sound card.....as far a monitoring goes it's pretty simple. You will most likely have to check out the software that came with your card to see if, and how to use it's monitoring feature. You can't apply real-time effects and listen to the effect while recording :-(, but you can monitor the signal(s) you are recording. :-) CEP is definitely worth it! If you have any more questions there are a lot of smart, experienced people on Syntrillium's on message board @ http://www.syntrillium.com. Rock on!

-Chris-

monitoring

maybe i'm thinking too simply here..but i always just plug in headphones when i'm recording..surely the sound card has a line out or headphone jack on it eh?

Plug in

Muskgrave:

What in the world makes you (with a mere 12 posts under your belt) think that you have the ability OR THE RIGHT to dispense advice about such a complicated question involving hardware, software, audio inputs/outputs, and...

...oh, my bad... you're absolutely right.

haha!

Well, for some of those lucky people out there it really is THAT easy. But I know as far as my sound card goes, it was a pain in the @ss to figure out how to monitor the signals being recorded! Now that I have it figured out, it's really simple.

-Chris-

Lenny, to be able to hear what you're recording as you record it, you need a full-duplex soundcard. I'm pretty sure that your Delta card is full duplex. It's not a matter of whether you can do it, it's a matter of how you make it work. Cool Edit isn't the issue, it's the soundcard...

Back