DILLION GUITARS?

Tweedville

I've been reading alot about Dillion guitars......and have seen some really good reviews.Has anybody here played these?The reviews speak of impeccable fret work,great wood and necks,and tone to the bone.In fact,not only do the reviews say that they are sooooo much better than Epiphones,but some say they could teach Gibson a few lessons.Even someone as known as Traci Gunns said they were incredible,and he claims to have owned over 100 Les Pauls.They have a good looking goldtop with P-90s I'm curious about.

I have 2 Dillions and admit I am impressed. I picked up an acoustic on a whim having no clue who or what Dillion was. The tone both plugged in and natural were loud, full and rich. All the woods are solid and well grained. Action is true top to bottom. It came set up very well and plugged in to a rack tuner to verify...holds its intonation prefectly all the way up. So I busted out a few more bucks and picked up the DR500. Thats the spin-off on a PRS. 24 Frets on a super smooth neck. The action is low and does not require 500 PSI finger pressure to work it like most "copy" guitars. The salesman suggested I score one of the Les Paul copies as they are the best Dillion makes. Unfortunatley I ran out of cash. But if the quality is the same or better, then I am certain it is good. What I have found with the Dillions is you don't need to shrug and say "I got a great guitar for the buck"... you can simply say "I got a great guitar".

Thanks,Even.........I have been looking at the goldtop/P90 model.All the reviews,including yours have been thumbs way up,so I will probably try and snag one.One question.....is the Les Paul body a little smaller than a regular Paul,or am I seeing the pic a little strange? I went on the Dillion website,and the cutaway and body size look just a little off.Thanks again.
The Tweedster

I've played a couple Dillion Music Man bass copies (4&5 string) and I was pretty impressed with the quality of the instrument. I also played one of the PRS copies and while I thought the action, intonation and overall construction were really good (I never plugged it in though), I thought the flamed top (red see through finish) and fretboard inlays weren't that well done and made the guitar look a little cheezy. They looked a lot better on dillion's web site than up close. Oh well.

Ben

Back