Digitech Rp400 Shit??

sickstring69

Hello! Been thinking about trying computer recording...usb...and I ran into a Digitech rp400 (I think) in a music store. It's some kind of effects pedal with protracks software. Any of you have this rig? Is it shit?

I have had 3 different DigiTech effects processors. I had an RP7, an RP300, and a GNX1. The buttons broke on each one only a couple months into it. Some of my friends use DigiTech also (mainly because that's the most popular) and their buttons are also broken.

The effects are decent, but some sound too electrical to me. Not organic enough. I'm not sure how the recording feature works, but I didn't like all the problems.

I just bought a Korg Toneworks AX100G. I love this machine. It's beautiful. Great features, but unfortunately it's not in production anymore. I had to buy it off ebay. It runs on batteries, it has a loop feature, it's ultra light, and it's extremely easy to edit. The stock wah effect sounds great.

I had an RP300 for about 3 years... it was my first effects/amp thing and stayed with me for a while. I can say it doesn't sound as good as my sansamp rackmount... but it survived some beatings without breaking and is far more versatile. The effects are decent enough and the amp stuff can be usable if you tweak it for hours. I'd definately consider it a beginner's type thing though. It's not a professional piece of equipment. Anyways, I always loved it. :)

For the money, it is as good as anything else. It should never be confused with professional equipment or great tone.

Back