Digitech RP200

this is coming to you kind of late, but i've got it and it is the best multi-effects pedal in its class...bar none

korg, boss, dod, and some others make devices in this range that don't even compare to the RP200

i run mine like this: guitar > rp200 > effects return on my mesa/boogie studio .22

the distortions in the rp200 sound pretty good when going through a tube power amp, and all the other effects are good too...although i could do without the ya-ya, and i never have undertood why you'd want a whammy

the delays are good too

get it...it's killer

Whammy yes!

we have basicaly 4 guitar players (the bass guy switches and so does the third guitar player) so when our bass player switches to guitar he uses the rp100 which is the next step down but has the same features as the 200 minus the expression pedal. he always sounds good.
The rest of us use Boss GT-3's But hey the whammy rocks man!
I have a whammy II and love it. I have two of em in fact.
But if your looking for a better step up look at the rp2000 or if ya can find one a used GT-3 I got mine for $150 used.

-Just some thoughts

Rickster

I spent a half hour with it on Sat. with both guitar and bass.I changed some of the patches EQ and cut the distortion for the bass and I got good sounds with it for both instruments.I agree that it represents good value for the price,and I'll probably get one soon.

Back