digitech RP-7 direct recording?

Fed

Anybody using digitech RP7 for direct recording guitar.
Can you share any patches? Spent two hours messing with it yesterday couldn't get anywere. :(
looking for rithm and lead distortion patches. Anything you want to share. I'll try.
Thanks

oo-eee-ooo-eee-oo

i've got an rp-6 and i tried the same thing, try other peoples sounds. but it really doesn't work, you've got to get something that is specified for your particular guitar and pickups.

best way i found was to set all the eqs to 0 gain and then work on the mid, bass then treble. its a nightmare trying to find the sweet spot, but when you do it'll sound noooiiiiiiiiiiice.

personally i don't really like the eq on the rp-6, so i record a dry signal and put on the effects after. you'll need some damn good speaker emulation to make the distortion sound decent after its been recorded. being able to control effects paramaters with the pedal and harmonizer are pretty wicked tho. the wah is really really pants and i haven't been able to find a good setting.

digitech used to have a load of patches on their site as suggestions but i just searched it and couldn't find it. you could try again tho, i didn't really look that hard. :)

Thanks mr blubbs,

I did find the patches on digitech site and tried bunc of them.
Some of them were ok. I just wanted to see if sombody here had some that they use for direct recording. You are right about your own sound and all. But another patch could give me a good start.

Thanks for the sujestions. I'll keep trying or go trade it for a POD :D

exactly what i wanted to do. but although i really hate some of the sounds on it, i couldn't do without it. too many of my effects are based on controlling params in realtime. looks like i'm gonna have to make my pedalboard a bit bigger!

I've got an rp7
I always turn the distortion below 2
I only use the blues and saturation settings
I hate the eq counterintuitive
I use the compressor med to high on lead less on rhythmn
I like the delays
so so on the modulation effects
the cabinet simulator helps alot to my ears at least
I usually stay away from the reverbs as I add that later
I like the first wah and thats it if set to 127 max it crackles for me
I set the min all the way down
I've got a shitload of effects so I can be picky

Thanks acidrock,
tha's actualy very helpfull, so you use RP7 to record direct? Any mp3s? What kind of music?
I aggree about EQ it's stinks.

Sorry no mp3's(yet)
I've direct recorded a lot with the rp7 usually 70's style classic/stoner/trippin' type stuff but I stay away from the high gain grunge/metal but whatever floats your boat is cool!
I've got the mikes, amp and preamps but sometimes direct is just easier.The snobs will tell you to never do it and a miked amp does sound good but if you don't tell anyone 9 times out of ten no one will know(provided you find a good sound to start with)
My only exception I make is I always mike my acoustics,piezo pickups just don't cut it in my book.
I think the rp7 is a damn good pedal,you could do better,but you could do a whole lot worse!

BTW most of the guitars and bass on old motown records were recorded direct to the board so if someone says never........

Back