Digital Recording Question!

isaak

Hi guys, I am new to Digital and have just finished setting up a DAW. It is a P4 Asus 533 Rambus board with Motu 2408Mk3 interface and UAD-1 effects running on XP with Logic Audio Platinum 5.

Sorry for my dumbness on this but I am having no trouble recording 8 audio tracks dry from my motu 2408mk3 onto disk in Logic. Thats sweet. But when I add UAD-1 effects (or any effects) to any of the tracks, it applies the effect to the whole lot of the tracks. I am using the main outs on the Motu for monitoring and the effects are routing to all output monitored. Is there a way I can assign individual effects to designated tracks and still monitor the tracks with the L R main outs of the motu 2408 with the intended effects???

Another question is, once I have all my tracks laid, how do I make one stereo WAV file for burning it onto audio CD???

Thanks guys for your assistance! Please Help a newbie out!

In Logic, there are plenty of effects that can be inserted into individual tracks. To create a stereo mix of all tracks go to the second to last mixer output in the mixer enviroment and use the bounce to disk feature.

Back