Digital Orchestra Pro

I used Dop and switched to HS 2002. There is some learning curve to get comfortable with Home Studio. But it worth it if you read the book and become friend with James and Moskus . There are more possibilities with this tool.

SergeD

I had a version of D.O.P. that I used for with WIN98 but when I upgraded to WinXP. the program wouldn't work. I would have to buy thier upgraded version in order to work with my OS. I guess I was pretty mad about it and switched to Cakewalk and I'm glad I did.

Well I am not sure if you are coming back here, but just a couple of questions...what is the primary reasons you are using the recording software?...I am using PA9 and learning a whole lot, maybe then I will upgade...

One of requirements that I need is to be able to print out the music I compose -musical notation, I know I don't have PA9 set up correctly for musical notation or there again maybe I do, but the last time I looked every note was on the Treble clef...hmmm well that could be challanging to hand that off to somebody to play...

I have never use DOP but maybe there are some features that are available in DOP that is not in PA9 that your buddy is looking at needing...

Hmm... I missed this thread.

Has anybody heard of D.O.P and why should we use Cakewalk 9 instead?

Well, once I used MIDI Orchestrator Plus by Voyetra (came with my old soundcard few years ago). Digital Orchestra Plus I believe is "extended version" of MOP. IMHO, there is no way DOP will beat Cakewalk (but the price!). It's very good program indeed, with various ability to do almost anything you basicaly expect from Cakewalk. There's so many reason why you should go Cakewalk instead DOP, but you need to know what do you need from such program. If you realy want to get serious, then get Cakewalk. It has better sound engine, plugins management, extensive MIDI editing (the best in the market!), compatibility, less headache :D , and don't forget the support! ;) We're here to help you :)

;)
Jaymz

But why go with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9?

These days I would get HomeStudio 2004. Then you get better effects, full size envelopes (for mixing), virtual instruments support, and much more! :)

Back