Digital Noise!

Todzilla

Hey Folks,

Thanks a gazillion for the feedback on my sister's project's previous tune Fantasy and Reality

Here's another I'd love feedback on. Some of the drum fills needs to be tweaked, but otherwise, I'm getting close to happy with it.

Once again, my special sister is on vocals, my amazing bass player is doing his thing in real time and I'm on all other instruments.

Thanks in Advance,

-Todzilla

What just happened? lol There is soooo much going on with this I don't think I can critique it at all. Anyway the only thing that stuck out to me was the kick. My opinion....I think you could choose a better sample. its just a little too dull for me. But I am sure its what your going for. Anyway, that's all I got. Sounds pretty cool man. Really neat stuff in there.

The vocals are much clearer on this one.* Did you track her much differently, or did she enunciate better or something? You could probably afford to take them down a little even.

Those brass samples are kinda cheesy...

* Minus the obviously heavily modified/distorted ones.

What just happened? lol There is soooo much going on with this I don't think I can critique it at all. Anyway the only thing that stuck out to me was the kick. My opinion....I think you could choose a better sample. its just a little too dull for me. But I am sure its what your going for. Anyway, that's all I got. Sounds pretty cool man. Really neat stuff in there.

Thanks man. I'll play around with kicks, but that one was the result of a long night of auditioning kicks in Battery, so I'm not sure I can find one that works better for me.

The vocals are much clearer on this one.* Did you track her much differently, or did she enunciate better or something? You could probably afford to take them down a little even.

Those brass samples are kinda cheesy...

* Minus the obviously heavily modified/distorted ones.
Thanks for the feedback, Steve! I record vocals the same way (Neumann U-89 into SCA N72 preamp into Apogee Symphony I/O), although her deliver was very different, partly because she was recovering from a cold on the first one (although I really like how it gave her more gravel). Also, the first tune had real drums, which took up a lot more of the high end than these Battery drums.

And thanks for the candor on the horns. Yeah, I have NI Komplete, which, despite the name, is not Komplete Ultimate, which includes the full horn library. Maybe I can pull out the rusty Sax and Coronet and see if I can master those three chromatic notes?

Shades of Rush here. Listened to the whole tune and that is my takeaway

Yikes, I'm not big on those guys, but that's probably Geddy Lee's voice. They're killer players, though...

Back