Digital Interface question

needlewithaprun

I've been looking at 2-channel digital interfaces so that my music that I record into my computer doesn't sound as if it was done with a Fisher Price tape recorder. I've had my eye on the Alesis IO2 for some time now and have read some reviews. It seems like it would do the job but I'm having difficulty finding much literature, good or bad, on much else.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 2-channel DI?

A friend of mine tried that and he wasn't really impressed with it. He instead went with an maudio delta 44. 96k vs 48k was more important to him and he liked the idea of 4 ins and 4 outs.

The delta series is pretty good but won't really work for you if you're using a laptop. You can probably find a delta 44 for a little over $100.

Something to consider with the alesis unit is that it was (possibly still is) bundled with Cubase LE so if you don't already have a DAW then this would at least get you started with one

Also...

First, I want to thank you both for the feedback and suggestions. I also wanted to ask if all digital interfaces come with embedded software that you have to use for recording. I have an iMac with GarageBand and, though that's not the best program, I would most likely start off with that. What issues arise when attempting to use any given digital interface with GarageBand?

Back