Digital I/O

nyaben

I have a Lexicon MPX-100 Digital Effects box that I'd like to use with my VS1680. Both have digital I/O via SP/DIF (digital/optical) jacks. It looks like a typical RCA type jack...will typical RCA plugs work?

Also, do I lose some functionality in connecting my Lexicon this way as opposed to connecting via AUX. inputs?

Any 75ohm RCA cable will work with the digital I/O. I'm using 12' RCA video cables I got at Radio Shack for cheap. Get the ones with gold connectors if you can.

Sorry, the digital connection is only an OUT on the Lexicon, though I still can't get it to input to the VS-1680 correctly. There's probably a digital in that I need to set up somewhere in the MASTER section??

Not sure about the 1680, but I seem to remember two places where I had to change the default settings to enable the coax digital input to work right. I know that in order to go from the digital out on my sound card to the in on the 880 I had to change the master click to external before it would ever lock.

Thanks for the help! These forums are great. I've actually helped a few people as well (hopefully).

Back