Digital Audio Question

mayan

Hi all...

Basically new to both the Delta66 and Sonar. Is it possible to record a track of digital audio and then -subsequently - record another track without re-recording the first track while still being able to hear the original track. Apart from the Delta66, I'm using a Behringer Eurorack mixer.

I'm not sure whether I should look to the Delta, Sonar or the mixer to accomplish this - if it can be accomplished at all.

Thanks,
S.

Look to the Delta....

I'm not familiar with the Delta but in the mixer window it should have something like "Record What You Hear", (my sound card has) "Mono/Stereo Mixer Input", or something to that effect, which is recording what is playing on the previously recorded track (or tracks) along with what you are trying to record. So if you turn that command off, you should be good to go......:)

Hope that helps

-tkr

Tekker is right on, but M Audio uses their own special mixer control tool, the Delta Control Panel, with a different layout and different terminology from the standsrd Windows Volume Control. It's a bit daunting at first, but the manual explains it pretty well. Sorry, I'm not in front of it now or I could be more specific. If you look over the documentation and still can't get it to work, let us know and I'll take a look tonight.

In the recording software, find under settings or preferences or something to that effect where you can choose what source you want to record from....youll want to choose either H/W IN 1/2 or HW IN 3/4 depending on the input you are using...if you choose MONITOR MIXER, it will record your inputs and whatever tracks are playing (which sounds like what you are doing)....

Back