Digital Audio files won't sync

achasse

Hi all - I'd like some feedback before I spend more $$$ upgrading my PC for recording purposes. I'm using CWHS 9, and almost everytime I record a track over an exisiting one (usually a vocal over an acoustic guitar track), the vocal track becomes out of sync at some point (during playback, not recording). I am 99% positive it's not a sound card issue or a RAM issue (I have Ensoniq PCI and 128 MB). After running a diagnostic, I see that my uncached hard drive performance is 2.79 MB/s, and the CW troubleshooting guide says at least 3.1 MB/s is needed. I barely know what uncached memory is, but before I upgrade, could there be any other culprit?

Thanks!
ARC

I'm pretty sure I've tried it both ways.... but, most recently, I was in overwrite mode. Thanks in advance for any further feedback you may have....

Hi achasse,

Do you have the Use Wave Out Position For Timing option activated in the Options>Audio dialog box?

Best,
Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of Cakewalk Power!, the first book to deal exclusively with the Cakewalk Pro Audio, Guitar Studio, and Home Studio software products. For more information, a free newsletter, and the chance to win free products, go to:
http://www.garrigus.com/

Turns out it was a sound card problem after all.... I tried Ensoniq PCI, but a Cakewalk rep said it probably wasn't powerful enough. I upgraded to SB Live and now everything's A-OK.

Thanks to all who responded!

ARC

Back