DigiDesign Plugins not showing up

Ericv

So I noticed today that half of my plugins are missing, to be honest I don't think they where ever there. It looks like I am missing the DigiRacks plugins Like Chorus, Phaser, Flanger. What is odd is I have reverb and delay, and some of the bomb factory compressors. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still noting. All these plugins should of came with my Mbox2, I am runing protools 7.4 and have the ingnation pack 2, on an old Dell 1.8 P4

I also can't seem to be able to get the iLok to work, I have no idea how to find the key but that is a seperate issue. I think.

Any help would be great.

E

The chorus, phaser and flanger etc. were only standard with Pro Tools 8, so you won't have them with Pro Tools 7.4.

When you say that you can't get the iLok to work, can you be more specific?

Weird about the Chorus, Phaser and Flanger only in Protools 8 I have folders for them with dll files in them they just don't show up. Hummm....

As for the Ilok I just don't think I know what I am doing, the Bundle says the iLok software comes with Protools 7.4 I have installed the drivers, I have created an account but when I go to activate online its asking for a Product number, I have no idea what this is or where to get it. It not any of the number from the activation cards that I have.

I'm assuming you have the Mbox 2 Factory or another interface with the Factory bundle. Assuming you have, the ilok comes pre-authorised meaning all you need to do is plug it in.

Go to iLok.com and log into your account then click sync iloks (making sure it's plugged in). Then click on something like What's On My iLok?

It should tell you all of the licenses you have available.

What are the exact names of the flanger phaser and chorus plugins you "have"?

Well my bundle never came with a physical iLok I thought with Protools LE That the iLok was software already built in.

As for the plugins, they are in a plugin folder under the main Dididesign Program folder on my hard drive. The bomb factory plugins have names such as the Joe Meek Compressor, Cosmonot Voce, Fairchild 600 etc. there are also plugin files that just say chorus, phaser etc in that folder as well.

Still scratching my head on this one.

Also when I sync the iLok it doesn't find anything so I am assuming I don't have an ilok here.

The iLok is a blue (or red or green) USB dongle. It is used to hold licenses for various pieces of software - usually plugins, but also the license for Pro Tools HD or Pro Tools M-Powered. These licenses are purchased at extra cost to the iLok.

Pro Tools LE uses a serial code as its copy protection. Therefore no iLok is needed.

To use the bomb factory plugs you need to have the licenses on your iLok; the only way to get them is to purchase them.

Can you show me a link to EXACTLY what you have bought - even if it is multiple items. Ta

I have an Mbox 2 Factor bundle with Ignation pack 2, Protools 7.4 The one below has protools 8 and a few more virtual instraments than mine, I got my Mbox 2 about 2 years ago right when 7.4 came out.

here is a link
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MBox2Factory/

I believe I am missing or missplaced my ilok card, so I am going to call Digi tomorrow and see if I can get the ilok card, my Protools is registered with them, so I am guessing they would have the ilok code I need.

Under Included Effects, Sound-Processing, and Utility Plug-ins: in that link is the same list of plugins I have in my digidesign folder called plugins

OK well I am an idiot, It looks like I didn't have the factory bundle like I thought I did. So I don't own an ilok or the the key to the plugins I installed. So I went through add and remove programs and took them all out, included the ones that came with my Ignation pack 2- no big deal on those I can reinstall them. Problem is even after going to add and remove programs Protools is still promting me for an ilok key for all the plugin I thought I had. I also went back to the Plugins folder and removed the files. STILL protools is asking me for the ilok key.... Very frustrating, anyone know how I can remove these things or where they are located so I can remove them. protools works fine but I hate getting asked for the iLok 50 times when I start it.

Not sure of the "easy" way 2 do it, but u might need 2 uninstall pro tools then go in and delete the digedesign folder from your c drive, then reinstall it.

Back