Digidesign MBOX

le Sonique

hey everyone:

has anyone used the Digidesign MBOX?? the one that includes:

- 2 channel USB audio interface
- Pro Tools LE
- Focusrite mic pres
- 24 bit input to output

i'm just looking for reactions and comments, cause i'm considering purchasing it. let me know what you think.

j e f f r e y

well, i play acoustic guitar and sing and my partner in crime plays keys and sings. we also utilize a sampler for the percussion. up until now we've been using a 424, but i think its time to upgrade. basically my question is...will this unit give me a better quality recording than the 424 and is it easy to use? i've never used pro-tools before, so i'm sure it will take some getting used to. anyway, thanks so much for responding.

well this question is in the MIDI forum so I am assuming that your using midi for the keys. Mbox does not have any MIDI capabilities. Pro Tools is not the strongest when it comes to editing MIDI. But for audio I think PT is the easiest to learn and most efficiant to use. As for it being a upgrade hardware wise...a very good rule of thumb is the bigger the power supply the better the pre amp (this could not be true in some cases but most of the time it is) and the MBOX's pre's are powered by USB :(

Back