DigiDesign M-Box for beginners

SuperJunior

Hey folks!
I've been looking into home recording and my guitar teacher recommend Pro Tools/Digidesign. As an all in one package, could I use the M-Box + its bundled software to record full demos and burn them onto CD (with drums and decent guitar tones)? It comes with loads of bundled stuff, check the website to see. Basically, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it?

Thanks!
Joe

the M-Box is a sweet package and GC has it for $399, but if you wanna record a drum kit, you will be terribly limited.......it only has 2 analog inputs......

Maybe an Aardvark Direct Pro with 4 analog inputs would be better suited......

If you are going for protools, better get the 002 rack. Thats the best deal and has better pre-amps than Mbox or Digi001.

Thanks for the feedback.
About mic'ing the drumkit, could I use a mixer to do this (i.e. plug the mixers output into the input of the M-Box so it increases the number of inputs I have)? Not that I'll need it because this is for home recording and I still live with my parents.

I did look at the Digi 002, but it's way out of my budget, which is a shame because it looks awesome!

Thanks!
Joe

yes you can do that....but you won't have much control of the track once its recorded.....thats ok, depending on the results you are expecting.......

Back