Digi003 good?

tomy

Hello, I just want to upgrade my gear, I'm now using M-Audio Delta66 soundcard, seems I want to get a better sound, considering of Digi003 rack, any good suggestion beside that?
I usually do midi programme, recording gtr and bass and vocal, and mix. Frankly I don't really need 8 I/O actrually.

as a digi 003 owner, i'd say unless you need to be using protools...i wouldn't bother.

003s are very very dear compared to other units in the same class

unless you're set on protools i'd look into a firepod or something.

i had one before i migrated to protools and it sounded every bit as good, if not better,,,to the point where i'm gona add presonus preamps to my digi setup.

hope that helps.

Well i've seen theres a lot of problems with de digi003, some of my friends even returned them to the factory. In my case, i ended up buying a digi002 for a very very low price, and it works great!

Honestly I would go with the 002 rack, just because from what I've heard not much difference in it and the 003r and now you can find them cheaper.

I bought the digi002 rack, but it was new, the only thing is that it was the one used on display at guitar center. But it works perfectly, just needed to buy a firewire cable (they didnt have it) and thats it.

i would agree that the digi 002 is much cheaper, and as a result,i'd be in favour of the purchase of it, even as a 003 owner.BUT

one thing to consider is the all the 001 users who have been left behind.

digi have a habit of taking your money,,,then making a new software version that requires a hardware update,,,and buying a 003 is gonna keep you 'in the loop' much longer, as 002 is the next in line to be forgotten.

in the end it's your choice....honestly,,,,i bought a 2nd hand 002 first..

it arrived DOA and the refund took AAAAGES,,,which is the only reason i spent the big bucks on a new 003,

but with the above in mind, i'm happy with my purchase.

i've had zero hardware problems in just under a year....and from what i hear digi are VERY helpful with replacing or repairing gear,,often outisde of warranty!!!

good luck.

I have had my 003r for almost a year and, after the updates have had no problems!!

There is only 2 things that got better from the 002 to the 003...The preamp s are better in the 003 and so are the adda converters!!

Those are 2 big things I think!!..If you care about the sound..

one thing to consider is the all the 001 users who have been left behind.

digi have a habit of taking your money,,,then making a new software version that requires a hardware update,,,and buying a 003 is gonna keep you 'in the loop' much longer, as 002 is the next in line to be forgotten.

True, but also look how long the 001 has been in service, and not only that as of right now I still have a mbox 1 that I use at home and I'm upgrading still and I'm at 7.4, I think they might keep those around for a while but you never know.

Back