digi002 help needed, thanks!

CUSETOWN

I'm an adat user whos gonna buy a digi002 before the end of dec.. But I've heard some contradictory statements & read some articles (in remix for one) that add to my confusion.

It may help to know I'ma pc user whos also buying a g4 dual proc with like a gig of ram as well.

Question 1:
Can I run it on osx w/ panther, according to remix mags nov article, osx is sluggish compared to os9.2.2.. AND I've read in other forums that panther isnt even compatible without issues & bugs.. (which is ALL thats available in a new system from apple.com).

2: Where can I get the older operating system?

3: WHY is there problems with apple's osx? Shouldnt it be a simple & easy thing? I want to switch to protools as painlessly as possible, but all this bs makes me wonder..

The fact is, right now I want to buy a mac and the digi002 and I CAN'T?! The G5 isnt compatible according to digi's site as well.. What the hell do I do?

Any insight is MUCH appreicated. Thanks!

In a G4 with Panther a Digi 002 works just fine. The only problem is when you try to have a G3 running Operating system X in a big hard drive partition. I work in OS9.2 and it works solid. I dont know about G5.

You have to understand that Apple's new OS was JUST released. Hardly anyone has had time to make sure their apps work and play well with it, yet.

You can buy older opperting systems from the Apple website.

Take care,
Chris

Santa Cruz

Man - just moved here from Chicago - seems there are a few Santa Cruz people on this board.

I am post ProTools engineer and always looking for good projects and a studio space to rent or share for mostly personal projects.

lD

Back