Digi 002

lenMCHC

Hey everyone, I just picked up a DIGI 002, and I had a question some of you might be able to answer before i register and yadda yadda..

I'm used to using the DIGI 001. and with that came the PCI card. Apparently the 002 runs on Firewire. Will this be able to handle the ammount of info from 10 sources at once? like 9 mics on a kit and a scratch guitar/bass track?

I'm a little skeptical.

~~EDIT~~

I left out critical info..
P4 800 FSB, 3.0ghz
1g ram
Belkin 1394 firewire card 800mbs

Presonus DIGImax bank of 8 pre-amps. using the ADAT lightpipe.

let me show my ignorance really quick

4 years ago my band recorded a demo at small studio that was using a Digi 001 and a Mac. He ran all of the drum mics into a mixer and each drum was on its own track in Protools. My question, albeit slightly moronic, is: With a mixer running into your recording device how does this work (getting drums, or any other instrument, on individual tracks)?

Do I have this capability with a M-Audio Firewire 410? Would I need something with more inputs? Does the ADAT lightpipe allow track assignments?

Sorry for the ignorance...I see rep points falling just for asking.

sixways said:
4 years ago my band recorded a demo at small studio that was using a Digi 001 and a Mac. He ran all of the drum mics into a mixer and each drum was on its own track in Protools. My question, albeit slightly moronic, is: With a mixer running into your recording device how does this work (getting drums, or any other instrument, on individual tracks)?

Do I have this capability with a M-Audio Firewire 410? Would I need something with more inputs? Does the ADAT lightpipe allow track assignments?

Sorry for the ignorance...I see rep points falling just for asking.

if you want to send individual inputs from a mixer into your soundcard, you need a mixer that can send each channel out it's own output. Typically on smaller mixers you are only able to use the Main Outs to send signal. But on medium sized to large and specifcally professional consoles have Tape Outs or Direct Outs. You can also use the Inserts Sends on a channel if you don't have Direct Outs.

Back