Digi 002 rackmount...

Kevzmusic

Anyone using the Dig 002 rackmount & PT LE???

I was just wondering how it is.....I use M-Audio gear with Cubase SX, but have contemplated switching systems, since the lower priced PT setups came on the market.

Any feedback on this unit?

Cheers,

KEV

I can't speak for the rack, but I have a 002. Its sweet. Sounds great and runs great on my PC. I haven't tried it much with Mac other than to hook it up and see that it works.

I really like PT, but then I also use a TDM rig at work and like being able to take my home projects back and forth (and vice versa).

With the new ASIO drivers, you'll still be able to use it with SX. Had I to do it over again, and had the rack been availible at the time, I would have gotten the rack and a different control surface for just that flexibility.

Anyway- I've had 16 ins and outs going at once and it never hiccuped. I'm happy with it.

Take care,
Chris

Chris Shaeffer said:
I can't speak for the rack, but I have a 002. Its sweet. Sounds great and runs great on my PC. I haven't tried it much with Mac other than to hook it up and see that it works.

I really like PT, but then I also use a TDM rig at work and like being able to take my home projects back and forth (and vice versa).

With the new ASIO drivers, you'll still be able to use it with SX. Had I to do it over again, and had the rack been availible at the time, I would have gotten the rack and a different control surface for just that flexibility.

Anyway- I've had 16 ins and outs going at once and it never hiccuped. I'm happy with it.

Take care,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Do you mean I can use SX with the digi 002 rack.....coz, I was under the impression that one HAD to use PT LE 6.1 (?)

Cheers,

KEV

Correct- Digi has produced an ASIO driver so that you can use their hardware with other programs.

You cannot, however, use Pro Tools with other hardware.

So anyway, I've used it with Reason and Cubase and it works fine. I'm really happy with it.

Take care,
Chris

Thanks Chris,

I'm glad to hear that....coz I've used CUBASE for quite a while now, and to have both software options, is definitely a plus...

I would assume the Digi 002 rack audio "quality" is crystal?
How does it compare, with say the M-Audio 1010, or Ardvark Q10, Layla or MOTU cards...

I guess there's not a great noticeable diff, really?

I appreciate the info,

cheers,

KEV

Back