digi 002 rack or mbox 2???

kyle.rusk

Im a super noob... i purchased a digi 002 rack off craigslist with protools 6.3series... i have updates up through 7.2 or 7.3...my brother has built me a computer that runs 32-bit vista and insists a dont run xp... i purchased the protools 8 upgrade thinking it would actually upgrade me to run on vista... but i guess i was wrong...

im thinking about selling my rack and just getting the Mbox 2... should i or should i not??? another suggestion was to buy PT 7.4 then use my upgrade... ow, the upgrade to pro tools 8 is still in the box... i was just told it wouldn't work...

any suggestions??? am i shooting myself in the foot by getting rid of my 002???

Who on earth told you that Pro Tools 8 will not run on vista?

That quite simply is wrong.

It won't run on Vista 64, but it will run on Vista 32.

Either version 7.4 or 8 will run on Vista 32. Stick with 8 though, it's much better.

Furthermore, stick with the 002 it's better than the Mbox 2. Unless of course you really need portability.

well i cant load the old software that i own on vista... so how can i load the upgrade if i cant load the original disk... some one told me i will have to buy 7.4 then upgrade to 8.0.... so im thinking screw it, sell the 002 and get the mbox 2 cuz it comes with 7.4 already... IDK...

No you can just install the upgrade without the previous version installed on your system.

In fact it is preferable to install the software having uninstalled the previous version anyway.

As long as you have your serial number (DIGI 0800.....) and then installer, you'll be fine.

thanks man... ya i just called digidesign... you dont even need the old disks... jusxt the upgrade... i was so relieved... i swear the guys at guitar center have no clue what the F they are talking about... thanks for the help...

Back