Digi-002 - do I want to upgrade my equipment?

farewellending

Hey,
I currently have a Presonus Firepod and Sonar 7 with a buttload of plug-ins. My recording quality is decent but my firepod's last four outputs just broke. I am trying to upgrade now so that I can increase not only my quality, but my hands on control over recording, I am looking for a control surface with some good quality preamps. I was going to purchase the M-Audio ProjectMix, however I heard that the preamps suck (it was $600.00) I have somebody I know who is selling a new Digi-002 console with the ProTools software for $750.00, I also know that I will need an external preamp, so I would have to get the Digimax LT on ebay for around 300 - or whatever you guys reccomend. Is this a good deal? I do not have the money to shell out for a new Digi 003 at the moment. Will my windows plug-ins correspond with ProTools. Also, can I get a program like the Session Drummer for ProTools. Thanks.
-Tom

all i can offer is that any plugins i used with sony vegas, did transfer over to protools on pc. i had izotope ozone, and waves bundles, adictive drums and stuff like that,and they all worked under protools.

i also changed from a firepod to a digi003, and i'm really really starting to find the 003 soooo handy as a control.
honestly though, i duno if the preamps sound any better or worse than in the firepod. they both kinda seem the same to me.

gd luck.

all i can offer is that any plugins i used with sony vegas, did transfer over to protools on pc. i had izotope ozone, and waves bundles, adictive drums and stuff like that,and they all worked under protools.

they will only work natively if you have RTAS or Audiosuite versions of the plugins.

Alright thanks a lot I appreciate it. I'm just not sure how the transition from Sonar to ProTools will be. Hopefully it all works out for me :-)

What is the difference with the 003 and 002. I have the most recent Pro Tools software that comes with the 003, other than that, arent they virtually the same control?

What is the difference with the 003 and 002. I have the most recent Pro Tools software that comes with the 003, other than that, arent they virtually the same control?

the software is the same (although the 002 will become discontinued before the 003)

hardware wise there are slight differences. You'll have to look at the specs of both to tell. There are also some changes in a few of the electronics in the 003.

Back