digi 001

tbone36109

Ok i can get a digi 001 from a friend for cheaper than i could used on ebay, but im not sure wether or not i should. I need the extra tracks but I heard about some driver issues it had and since digi isnt making new drivers for it anymore this could be really bad. Does anyone think this is going to be a problem anytime soon? Also most people i see use it on a mac with protools le that comes with it. I would use it on a pc with sonor, and where as I know it will work on a pc using sonor i didnt get a chance to really see if performance is effected by using it on a pc with sonor(it seemed fine but only a couple mic tracks were thrown down and not much attention was paid to if they lined or not, it was merely to see if it would work with sonor) And also any other comments on the digi 001 would be apreciated

It should work with Sonor...But remember if you want to use Pro Tools with it at all, it won't run with any version above 6.4.1

It should work just fine on a PC, no better or worse than a Mac.

well i know it works with sonor but will it work as well, for example will there be latency problems or anything, i just know that being digidesign its made for specificly for protools and im not sure if that will mean it will lose performance or functionality with sonor?
but thanks for the help so far

There shouldn't be. Digidesign hardware interfaces fairly well with other software applications. The 001 is a very stable unit, I'd say more than the 002's.

Back