Digi 001 software of Aardvark Q10 software??

berkleywoods

The Aardvark Q10 comes with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.
The Digi001 comes with Pro Tools LE.

Which one is the better software??

Everyone says that working with Pro Tools has its advantages cuz all the studios use pro tools. But is the LE version so cut down, that its almost worthless?? Or is it stilll pretty powerful??

Thanks

The LE version offers 24 audio tracks and 128 MIDI tracks. With TDM it's 54 tracks audio and unlimited MIDI tracks.
LE also has a max of 16 busses, I think it's 32 on TDM. There are a few differences in the available tools also. But it's definitely powerful enough to get stuff done.

Yes ProTools LE is powerful!!! Go with PT LE, I know you will be happy that you did. ProTools compared to Cakewalk is like comparing an Acura TL with a Ford Torus, IMO.

Well, considering you can upgrade to Sonar for just a few beans from Cake9, there is nothing that ProTools can do that Sonar cannot, but Sonar has things it does that PT does not. And, Sonar has better sounding mix bus, beleive it or not. The new protools is gonna fix that, buit it wont be in your version.

are you gonna base a hardware buying decision based on what software it comes packaged with?....

The new "Digi 001 Factory" is already on the market and the current price is $1,199 at musicians friend. I think they should of upgraded the DIgi001 a little more. They should of threw out the mic preamps, put in vertual tracks, add at least 8 more tracks of audio and increased the soundcard's signal-to-noise ratio to 100db, IMO.

what type of music berkleywoods? i'd go with the Q10 and get a copy of logic or Nuendo...Cubase works too. the digi 001 will only give you 24tracks with pro tools le. pro tools is great to have, but not the Le version, i've worked on TDM's. a TDM will give you 64 tracks not 54 :D i've used more than that before though...i'll stick with Nuendo.

are those the only 2 cards that you are looking at?

Merry Christmas

We play an acoustic rock music. I'm openminded for some other cards, but those are the only 2 good cards I'm aware of in that price range (500-800). If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Right now I can't spend more than a total of 1000 bucks for my software and hardware.

Again keep the hardware / software decisions separate.....first pick out a piece of hardware that does all or the most important things you need it to do...then get some software demos from www.hitsquad.com ...get all the majors (Cubase, Sonar, Nuendo, Pro Tools, etc.) and even check out N-Track.....then make sure they are compatable (the hardware and software)......

Back