Digg Studio Desk Plans

fireandglass

If you google "build studio desk" the top search result is a link on digg,
but the problem is that its a broken link. Does anyone have the plans that this site lead to? if not any plans would be appreciated. thanks

Well, I have a few. Here is my current console. Old pic though. It's always in a state of flux as I'm always adding new stuff or modifying it. The Sketchup file shows more of the actual look. However, this console is not for the faint of heart novice builder. And its BIG. Mostly welded steel and Stainless steel tubing, , formica, naughyde, colored plex, LED's, laser levels, complex brackets, linear motion tracks and a few other goodies like twin isolated computer enclosures.:D Let me know if your interested.

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Good luck with yours and by all means have FUN BUILDING IT!:)
fitZ

Sorry about this temporary hijack and OT, but FITZ!!!! What the hell, man. I know you had to move a couple of years back unexpectedly and had plans drawn up for your twin MSR-16s, but look at this shit you have built already. Nice, man. Top notch looking construction there, and looks like it is going to be fun while keeping your hands full!

Sorry for the OT, man. I tried in good faith to check the link, but got an invalid response as well. What kind of desk do you want to build and what do you want to house in the desk? A lot of good resources here that could guide you through it.

Hey Fitz, what did you use for the legs on that? I have a 6' wide granite countertop that was never put onto some cabinets at my place, and I'd like to make a desk out of it.

fitZ,

Impressive build. I'm inspired by your console, now if only I had my own home in which to build it. I have access to lathes, plasma cutters and welders at work, and can't wait to get started!

PS. Who on this BBS had the emerald green custom steel desk? I remember he powder coated almost everything he made.

if you can hang on a little while i wil be building my first new desk shortly as the prototype was sucessful, and i will share the complete plans with you all.

i willstill hold copyright on them but you can do what you like withthem, i have got it sub 100 here in the uk so your looking around 150-180 dollars us prehaps i not sure, depends how competent you are!!!

but all the drawings will be labled, have full sizings and scales, i will also draw up a build manual on how to put it together, the good thing is it will be modular andcan be flat packed away for moving or storage and then rebuilt as often as you like.

Back