Differentiate e609?

ranjam

Hello! I am absolutely new here, and I have a lot of what may be considered 'D-Oh!' questions, so please bear with me. Anyway, here is one of my first questions. As I am looking at buying a used Sennheiser e609, how do I tell the good 'older' ones from the less desireable 'new' ones. Aren't the new ones made in China? Would any e609 labeleed 'Made In Germany' be a good buy:confused:? Any hints or tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

gooley

From what I've heard, the older ones are all black and the newer ones have silver on one side.

Though I may be wrong.

ranjam

I think you're right :(. Anyway, are the really new ones made in China? Can you find the 'silver' e609's made in Germany or China? I know a few friends who have the old 'all black' e609's, and they are definately heavier than the 'silver' series. I have now bought a 'silver' e609, and it sounds fine (note to self; so stop worrying :o) but it is considerably lighter, and I wonder about that. It still says 'Made In Germany' on it, but who knows :confused:. Anyway, I might have one more soon, so I can A/B the two with a pair of old 'all black' version, and I'll find out one way or another. I was just hoping I didn't buy a lemon. Both of these silver e609's are from people who say they have owned them for a few years, but just don't use them, so they are in great shape. Oh, well, thanks for not bursting my bubble too badly.