different types of accoustic panels

additional question: is fibreboard the same as compressed fibreglass?
just like tbone i'd like to know alternatives for 703 or 705

cheers,

J

You can compress loose fiberglass like that and make it work. To get it to approx OC703 density, you'll need to compress it approx 4x. Realistically, by the time you spend all the extra time and have to buy the extra materials to hold everything in place under tension, the 703 turns out to still be about as cost effective and a LOT less work.

Bryan

what i love about 703 is its size, its so thin, but it seems hard to find,

anyone knows a place in europe where i can buy them? somewhere in Germany would be great

well that one article read that you only need to 8inch layers which comes up to less than ordering 703 after shipping

Oh yeah - but then figure in the metal mesh and all the extra time.

In Europe, you're likely better off trying to get mineral wool - 703 is almost impossible over there.

Bryan

well i happen to have a roll of wire sitting around that i bought and only need about 6 feet of(so i got plenty left) and i have plently of 2x4s already so really its down to insulation and i can get enough r-25 for a little bit cheaper than i can get enough rockwool. and time i got, money i dont haha. so actaully the r25 would be the easier route but i dont want to take that route if it isnt going to perform well

Back