Diff between Kontakt and Reaktor

applesmasher

Hay does anybody know the difference between Kontakt and Reaktor from Native instruments? All I can tell is that Reaktor costs more but Ive been reccomended Kontakt before....

Dude, I did. But all that techno babble doesnt make sense to me. I Need an explanation in leymans terms! Cause it seems like the two products are similar. It seems like they do what reason does but just in two packages, but it seems like they were very alike too. So I couldnt tell If they do basically the same thing.

Nope, they are not alike... well OK, they are made by the same company, and Reaktor has sampling modules, but that's where the similarities end.

Kontakt is a single purpose app... i.e. a sampler.

Reaktor is basically a visual/modular programming environment allowing people to build their own instruments from scratch.

Reason is a very capable self contained production environment with a couple of built in samplers like NNXT and synths like Malstrom, effects units and a sequencer.

You can probably emulate the Reason environment with Reaktor, but only because Reaktor let's you build whatever you want.

Basically, if you don't want to delve too deeply into sound design and don't feel compelled to roll your own instruments and environment and such, then Reaktor is not for you!

And if you still can't figure out what the difference is among all the above... well, then get Fruty Loops :D

Is that simpler? :D

Last edited:
Hay whats wrong with fruity loops!? ;) Ok I see the difference now. Just when looking at thier specs all those feature names like "super plasma ray filter" dont really mean anything to me. Im probably gonna stick with reason for now. Im thinking about getting Atmosphere though too for creating more original sounds, that thing looks raw!

Back