Did someone say wallplates? Spectre Sound update 5 is up!

Looking great OZ - ceiling in the drum room came up really well - I won't tell sjoko you pinched his sun fan :):)

Why did you stop above and below the speakers?? what are you going to do with the spaces - apart from storing your screws and nails?? ;)

cheers
john

c7sus said:
Looking great, Oz!

I'm curious how deep your cavity is behind the horizontal slots in the drum room, and also about the spacings and the band of freqs you are resonating.

'Cause I'm stuck like a mutha on that stuff right now!:D

Thanks in advance.

The cavity itself is about 3.5 inches deep... as in not very. So the drum room resonator will be low mids and mids, as the gaps are quite large. The side walls in the control room, on the other hand, have gaps of 2-3 mm, so they're tuned at around 100 hz.

John Sayers said:
Looking great OZ - ceiling in the drum room came up really well - I won't tell sjoko you pinched his sun fan :):)

Why did you stop above and below the speakers?? what are you going to do with the spaces - apart from storing your screws and nails?? ;)

cheers
john

Actually, I stole the idea from my father's backyard fence! THEN I pulled up Sjoko's page and said "ah shit!"

As for the soffits, we haven't stopped yet! The bottom will be acoustic hangars, with a cloth face. The top will be filled with insulation, cloth face again. The cieling will be a "false and sloping" design, hiding yet more hangars.

ah cool - had me worried for a moment there :)

btw - what is the fibreglass you used on the baffel front??

cheers
john

Back