Did I screw up??

Shockwave

I purchased Sonar 2.2 upgrade from Cakewalk for 150 bucks. It was a special to cakewalk software owners. I own Home studio, so I got it at the special price. After doing so, now I'm wondering if I needed Sonar to begin with to take advantage of the upgrade. Is this the case? Did I put the carrige before the horse? I'm expecting a full vervsion of Sonar 2.2 with this. Anyone know for sure what the heck I purchased?? Thanks.

Dan

NO, I dont't think so. You did not screw up. If you purchased it through the official web site you should get the full product. You paid less than I did (and I had Sonar 1.31) so congratulations. You just purchased the best piece of software around. Enjoy.

There are 3 major significant differences between Home Studio & Sonar.

1. More that 2 inputs at one time
2. Timeworks EQ
3. Timeworks Compressor

Hope that helps,

Porter

Thanks guys. I just got concerned about getting the full program at such a price. Especially considering that 2.2 on the same site is going for 479.00. I was thinking that the upgrade was perhaps only utilized if you already have Sonar installed. Well, if I got this great program for so little, awesome! That would make up for some other times when I spent too much! Can't wait to get it. But I'm gonna read real careful before I open anything.

BTW- here's a link to the special-

http://store.yahoo.com/cakewalkdirect2/upgrades.html

Dan

You have just discovered what I found out a long time ago...and that is that Cakewalk has got the best upgrade policy in the business. I started out with a freebie Cakewalk Guitar product, then migrated to Cakewalk Express 8.0 and the HS2002. Total outlay was less than $100.

ACKUS!:)

Back