Did I just hurt my guitar amp

JordanD

so i just got a nice guitar tube amp and its great but i just hooked up a digitech effect pedal to it, and first it was fine and i turned it off, then i turned it back on wanting to play again and i got hit with a super loud looooud sound when i hit a string i dont know why it was so loud because it wasn't half as loud when i turned off. do you think it could have hurt a tube or a fuse or the speaker?

so i just got a nice guitar tube amp and its great but i just hooked up a digitech effect pedal to it, and first it was fine and i turned it off, then i turned it back on wanting to play again and i got hit with a super loud looooud sound when i hit a string i dont know why it was so loud because it wasn't half as loud when i turned off. do you think it could have hurt a tube or a fuse or the speaker?

When you turned it on agian did you have your effects pedal turned of as well ?

Could you have had the volume on your pedal turned down really low and thusly compensated with your amp was turned up to 11?

so when you turned it on the next time with out the pedal you blew the shit out of it?

Yes. Destroyed. Ship it to me with a money order for a couple hundred bucks and I'll take it off your hands. :D

Seriously, it's pretty doubtful that you could have damaged a tube. Speaker? I dunno, how's it sound?

its weird, the effect pedal was on both times all the way, and i changed nothing, but its much louder.

592872.jpg

this is the amp its awesome :(

how about volume knob on guitar? maybe it was accidently turned down.

yup that was also the same the only thing i can think of is that the wattage attenuator which lets you set the amp from 1\4w to 4w maybe because when i turned it on first it was on 1\4w but i turned it up to 4w, and it didnt seem to make the volume too different, but then when i turned it off and turned it back on starting on 4w maybe it had some 4w juice backed up in it!

Sounds like something in the electric of the amp went.
A tube or a resister or a cap ...something in the line is down and is sending voltage to make that sound come from the speaker.

:cool:

well i figured out wot it was. my digitech fx pedal when it changes one effect to the other, my god the volume difference is so extreme. it can go from one washy effect where you cant hear the guitar, and the next effect default will be a thunderous distortion that creates the sounds that blew me away!

Well if you're using presets then most are usually around the same level but depending on the preset and the effects it can vary.I always tweak my favorite presets and set them up accordingly.

What digitech fx pedal are you using?

Back