Did I get charged?

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
I bought a plug-in on Sweetwater about 5 days ago using my debit card. I checked my account and there is no transaction listed, or money taken out. I contacted the sales rep and he said my card has been charged. What explanations can there be? I'm going to the bank on the weekend, and if there is still no transaction listed, I will try to see what's going on.

Wrong card # maybe? I would contact your bank and see if your card has actually been charged (maybe Sweetwater messed something up in the transaction).

I don't think it's the wrong #. That's what the security code is there for isn't it? Looks like I'm probably going to have to find out at the bank. Maybe my bank just isn't showing the transaction. I've heard cases where some people have actually received some legally purchased items for free from using a debit card, but I doubt this is one of those cases.

Yeah my bank often doesn't show transactions for like a week from sweetwater when I use my debit card via paypal. although paypal does. weird.

A lot of those places clear all there transactions in batches on certain days. Normally thy put a hold on the amount which shows up as an "authorization". Depends on the bank and the merchant. Some charges I see by the time I get home from the store, some take a week. I wouldn't worry about it.

A lot of those places clear all there transactions in batches on certain days. Normally thy put a hold on the amount which shows up as an "authorization". Depends on the bank and the merchant. Some charges I see by the time I get home from the store, some take a week. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ahh you were right! It just showed up. Thanks!

Back