DI box thingy

I am going to re-amp soon. I have everything but an actual transformer to boost the signal from line to instrument.
I've been told that
Palmer DACCAPO Reamping Box - Thomann ?sterreich
is the go-to.

Yes/no?
I have a pretty open budget.

Hi there Arnie!
At the risk of being over tekkypikky! Can I make a couple of points?
Your post is entitled "DI Box thingy" but you go on to talk about re-amping? Not quite the same assembly of electronical bits mate.
Second blooper..." boost the signal from line to instrument"(? Guess you mean amp?) No, one of the important parts of a re- amp box is the ability to ATTENUATE the signal to approximate the level* an amp would get from a guitar.

"Open budget"? The top bollox is the Radials. Nice but £200+ .

Don't know if these ship to EU..Welcome to Orchid Electronics Very well respected, top value kit their "Amplifier Interface" as they call their re-amper is just £56. I could not make one for that and get very pissed on the profit.

*But, despite what you might read/be told, the guitar amp does not give a flying fffffig! what the source impedance is!

Dave.

Hi there Arnie!
At the risk of being over tekkypikky! Can I make a couple of points?
Your post is entitled "DI Box thingy" but you go on to talk about re-amping? Not quite the same assembly of electronical bits mate.
Second blooper..." boost the signal from line to instrument"(? Guess you mean amp?) No, one of the important parts of a re- amp box is the ability to ATTENUATE the signal to approximate the level* an amp would get from a guitar.

"Open budget"? The top bollox is the Radials. Nice but £200+ .

Don't know if these ship to EU..Welcome to Orchid Electronics Very well respected, top value kit their "Amplifier Interface" as they call their re-amper is just £56. I could not make one for that and get very pissed on the profit.

*But, despite what you might read/be told, the guitar amp does not give a flying fffffig! what the source impedance is!

Dave.

I have figured out today that I will be reamping at a place that has all the equipment necessary.
Thank you for the terminology though. I checked my clever book and saw that the reamping box adds much resistance to alter the signal to what a guitar amp would normally receive, so it attentuates. I had that wrong the whole time :O

I have figured out today that I will be reamping at a place that has all the equipment necessary.
Thank you for the terminology though. I checked my clever book and saw that the reamping box adds much resistance to alter the signal to what a guitar amp would normally receive, so it attentuates. I had that wrong the whole time :O

No worries!
Hope everything works out ok and.....
"You'll be bek"!

Dave.

Back