device settings for CEP with audiophile 2496?

rane

hi, i cant get my vocals to show up as wavelengths in CEP.

im using a shure sm58, connected to a mogami XLR cable, which is connected to a female xLR- 1/4" adapter, which is then connected to a female 1/4" - dual RCA plug Y-adapter....... which is then hooked up to my soundcard......

is tehre something wrogn with my routing?

how do i set up the device order and stuff in CEP to have my settings ok?

Go to Options/Device Order/Recording Devices and make sure the inputs from your sound card are selected in the right-hand window ("Multitrack Device Preference Order"). At least a stereo pair needs to be checked "Use In EV [Edit View]" or you'll go nuts trying to figure out why it won't play back in Edit View.

You also need to check the Windows Mixer (click on the speaker in the tool tray) and make sure nothing's muted.

ok b ut which from my soundcard to i use as input device?

there is : m-audio delta ap 1/2
m-audio delta ap multi
m-audio delta ap s/pdif
m-audio delta ap mon. mixer

I'm not familiar with that sound card. Why don't you set up the Device Order like I suggested, then try each input in turn (probably the S/PDIF setting won't help, since that's for digital sources).

I have the same card as you, I use AP 1/2 as my inputs. You don't want to use SPDIF as was said...also don't want to use Monitor Mixer (I don't think), that would rout everything that you hear to the track you are recording.

Back