Denver in My Dreams

lanac

Don't know if yall noticed but I have been absent about a week .. lol

besides my Girls gettin home from Dads after 2 months ..

Randal and I are in the studio puttin down tracks for our new CD ..

We got our first single release done .. well maybe .. since you guys are so good at the technical parts and I want this one to be GREAT ... it is such a beatiful song ... that I thought I would bring it to you and ask for advice

Thanks, Lana

The name of the song is Denver in my dreams ... and yes it is me singing all three parts ... lol

www.mp3.com/thecrowleys

Nice, Lana. I like your voice, and I particularly like the violins in this song. Good job.

The only suggestion I would give you is that a couple of words seem harsh and seem to jump out at you. For ex. "free" at 1:34 and 2:28, and "range" at 2:06. Not sure what's causing it, maybe they could use some eq. It's not a big deal, and it doesn't hurt the song at all, just my observation.

Keep it up.

Great vocals, great song!

Hey Lana,

I listened to "Denver in my Dreams" on MP3- I love it!
Keep it up- I'm looking forward to the new album.

Another Okie (Green Country)

Faithmonster:)

lana,
This is good stuff, I especially like the harmonies.

My only comment is that you don't seem comfortable with the song. Some phrases it sounds like you're racing to squeeze in the words, other times you've got these pregnant pauses. I don't think it is a tempo issue, just a familiarity thing. I do the same thing when I'm trying to sing something I just wrote or just learned.

Queue

Thanks everyone..

all three parts are me ...

I agree about the one part with the harmony where it goes really high ... I was singin in falsetto ... I will ask the engineer to bring it down a little there.. thanks

Queue- yes you are right .... I have only practiced the song about 5 times .. Randal just wrote it about 2 months ago ... I cant believe someone noticed .. lol

I love the song though, I am working on another one in the studio now called Blue over you .. that I have sang more than this one .. but it has a few parts that are REALLY high ..lol

so I am having a little bit of trouble making it sound natural .. lol

I just do the best I can ... these are just for demo purpose, but ya still want them to be the best they can ....

I appreciate all the feedback yall Thank you Very Much !!

Lana

lol.. Wally I havent ever been there ... so I wouldnt know ..
But thanks .... :D

Randal has though ... heh

Lana

Atta Girl!

Hey Lana:
This is what I am talking about...
Your songs are good. The recording quality sounds wonderful,
I agree with the hamonies being a bit off.
But I think you have a great voice, and it sounds like you should ditch the Country & Western tunes. I think you have a natural voice for singing Folk tunes, and there is definitely a market for that now.

Keep up the good MP3's.
Get FT to be YOUR NMA.

DJ

Hey lana, that was great! I loved the song, and i thought your harmony was beautiful. The only thing i noticed was that the vocals were a bit louder than the music in a few places. Great job girl! :)

t

I just listened and I agree with Queue's observation but it sounds like you got a handle on that. Other wise, goog job. :D

Hi Lana,

Checked out "Denver In My Dreams"....

Your voice and especially the harmonies are beautiful! Nice job!

The overall mix seems to lack high end (frequencies) except when your vocal track punches through on those louder parts already mentioned dachay2tnr. As a result I believe the mix sounds a little cluttered in the lower frequency range. I'd be interested to know what equipment is being used to make your recordings.

I also agree with Queue's comments about the phrasing and familiarity with the lyrics....

Thanks you very much guys for the feedback .. I will give all of your comments to Larry .. our engineer ... so that he can see about all that you have said ...

he uses a roland vs1600 or something ..

studio condensor mic ...

compressor/limiter on vocals ....

ummm acoustic guitar / Martin d35

keyboard / roland not sure model

Fender bass

hope this helps

Thanks again .. Lana

Man, when I heard the voice, and the way it shined I was amazed. Lovely vox.

The mix felt tight. I think sounds should be panned harder( or is it mono?)to make it sound more pro.

Nice Song. Never really thought about Denver and Country together...

I personally, being Mr Violin-Nerd, would cut the string synth altogether, or use it much more sparingly, not in every note of the song. String pads are for warming things up, but are not supposed to stick out, they are too busy.
If the song was more Rock, the Synth Strings would be OK, but you are dealing with Pickers and Purity here. It is kind of like that Sesame Street song "one of these things doesnt fit", where they have a football, basketball, softball, and a rake. I vote for cutting down the synth.

Really nice song.

THanks Guys !!!!!! Randal and I appreciate the feedback

The Strings - Well in the new country scheme of things they are using strings ALOT more ...

that is why we experimented with them on this

the low-end .. well My voice has ALOT of high in it .. so they have to turn the highs down or the mix sounds really shrill ...

if you listen again .. you can tell that .. ha ha ha

We really like the effect that the strings gave it ... WE just strategically placed the strings ... they are turned down and just brought out when we felt they fit ... lol ... but I will talk to the engineer and see if he can bring them down a little more when not needed ....

Thanks again for the feedback ...

Lana www.mp3.com/thecrowleys

Back