Demo :)

avedic

Demo of a song titled "DMT"

Hey, this is my first time posting here.
Below is a link to a song I wrote and recorded. Bear in mind that it's just a demo, so quality, timing, and all that stuff aren't perfect at all. In fact the vocal track was made up on the spot in one take.
The drum track is just a drum machine for now. I'm recording a live kit in the studio later. I know the production isn't that great, just remember it's only a demo.
Let me know what you like about it, and what you don't.
Also...it's only 1:30 long. That's all I could get on disk.

New URL below....
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=3480/singles
The only one there. "DMT"

my band's site: http://avedic.iplenus.com

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome avedic........

At first I was getting bored but by the end you started to hook me. You needn't worry about anyone stealing your song here, most will say yeah alright, but I need to hear it all to comment, whether it's to do with mix or whatever............
I always prefer a whole song myself.
You'll learn here and learn to trust the board in time.

Wanna here more...........................:D

Some nice powerfull guitars. Good sound to them. Nice vibe going on in the song.

Some minor pitchiness to the vocals in spots. They might sound really cool if they were double tracked.

Had a little trouble hearing the bass. You may want to roll off some of those lows from the guitar to help the bass poke through.

I think there was a little guitar timing mistake at 1:12.

thanks for the comments. finally a board that seems to offer good constructive criticism. :)

I couldn't hear the guitar mistake you mentioned, but it's just a demo so I'm sure there are a few.

I realize there are some pitch problems in the vocals. I made up that whole vocal track on the spot as I was recording. Lyrics, melody, rhythm and all. In the end there are a few glitches(especially in the begining), but I kind of liked some of the melodies, so I kept it. I'll post the finished song when it's done. I just posted this part for now, the next section of the song is a bit....experimental.

Thanks for the feedback.

Interesting song... kind of like Bono/U2 crossed with Deftones.

Some mix issues... the balance tells my ears "too much mid-content"... it's centered around 2k-3k... and there's probably a boost in almost
all tracks somewhere above 8k... creates an unnatural balance (and
boosts upper freq. noise) ... it's a bit grating.

Would suggest forgetting the EQ for a while, and some attempts at
a mix using panning/levels only... and only tweak the EQ once things
are getting close.

Sounds like you guys have talent. Good luck, and welcome to the board.

Chad

bono? really? I can't stand him or U2. :) Someone told me this sounds a bit like Toool. I can see that I suppose. I just don't want to become the next "toool". I want my own sound, and that's a bit hard.

Thanks for the advice though. This particular clip has alooot of heavy EQ. I was just messing around with stuff to see what was good and bad. This is just the demo. I'll post the full song once I get a real drum kit recorded.

"Sounds like you guys have talent. Good luck, and welcome to the board."

Actually, it's just me. Me and a drum machine. I'll get others for live stuff. :)

Back