Demensia/WISC Collab-Sanity In Shreds

W.I.S.C.

10lbs.of sh*t in 5lb.BAG
Demensia sent me an unfinished track(Drums,Rythm guitars,Bass) and I added Vox,Lead,Sample.The project name is Sanity In Shreds.

Fifth Ace ...is the 1st song.

Any Mix comments would be appretiated,there are parts both of us are skeptical about.Thanx in advance.

[edit]Sorry D...:D :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dimensia sent me an unfinished track

Damnit W.I.S.C., just because I spell my name incorrectly doesnt mean you can spell my incorrectly spelled name more incorrectly than it was already incorrectly spelled. God Damnit.

Kool collab, i appreciate the solo..could of even been longer for me:D . Harmonies at times were in and out, but was still kool at the same time. Tune wise, i like it alot.

nice collab gentlemen.. good tune! It came together well.. the guitars should have had a bit more to say in the mix.. (I already told dan that)

.....any tune w/ a Jack sample is all good by me.:D Very cool collab fellas.

I like the panned screams.... cool!

..you might be able to use a little eq'ing on the lead vocal parts.... they lack a little presence. ....Maybe a low mid cut?

I love the sound of that ride.

Cool stuff!

g

responding to a dung beetle rolling a turd.

the bass sounds kinda low. drums sound nice and roomy

Damn good song...good collab.......

i think the mix needs a low end boost....and the bass guitar could use more "definition "(im looking for the right word here and cant find it).......

good work on both parts.....

You'll hate me, but I think the vocals have too MUCH presence?? It's like they need more verb or something. I also think the mix has plenty of low end, so I'm maybe listening to a different song, lmao? The rhythm gits could come up some, I think.

Cool fucking song. I really like your voice. You sound more like early Ozzy than Sam does :eek:

I so agree, B(ob? :) ) Sabbath... :D

Good collab. I likey. Drumloops sound good indeed! Although I must say the drums jump a bit up and down in volume, but that's related the kind of loop you used I'm afraid. Perhaps compress it a little? In this mix it eats up the bass in the first place, and it grabs a lot of attention. O, and I would cut some of the mids out of the vocals. But that could be a matter of taste. :)

cool song. Sounds REAL BIG. Liked the Shining thing at the begining. That little fuzzy guitar riff fits the song perfectly. Liked the background screams. Lots of little doodads in this one. I liked that. Some good harmonies. Good execution all around.

Some of the vox have some pretty heavy reverb. It washes them out - a bit too much I'm thinking. Something about the low harmony part in the section thru 3:08 - 3:40 that's not right. A phrase is repeated several times. The 4th note of that phrase to me doesn't work. The low part should be hitting a different note. Just my opinion.

Don't know if you wanted to leave in the the amp buzzing at the end or not. You might want to fade that out.

Cool song.

Very cool song! Great ideas.

i think the guitars could be about 2-3 db's louder each.

i love the vocal delivery, but it's lacking in clarity. It would be cool to hear then solo and dry so i could make better recommendations, but it sounds like a condensor would improve things. If you're already using a condensor, maybe less effects or some EQ cuts to the low mids and a subsequent 2-3 dB overall level boost might help to cut better. It's not like they're competing with guitars, because those need to be more present too IMO. It's a general frequency thing methinks. Also, if your reverb has its own EQ, try tinkering with that when you have fresh ears.

i dug it all, even with the nits i mentioned. Excellent collab guys!

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I found the drum loops on the internet recorded by Scott Rockenfold (the drummer for queensryche) the only problem with them is they are sold in bundles by speeds and its hard to mix and match them at different bpm. They were by far the best drum loops I could find.

The guitars were recorded using a digitech rp6, now I have a PodXT so I'm sure the quality (and that buzzing sound at the end) could get better.

I was very impressed with the tune after hearing what WISC did with it.. almost pissed my pants.

Man I would love to have a CD of samples from Rockenfield's kit with him playing it. One of my top 10 favorite drummers ever.

OOOOOOOOOoooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh Demensia, I want to lick your drum loop! Can I have your autograph on my butt please? Pretty cool. very different from the CD I have but, I'd listen again.

Really cool tune, like the vocals and the riff rocks, good solo to.

CRANK those ryth guitars up man! Had the head bob workin here, but like I said, bring up the ryth guits a bit.

Good stuff.

I did manage to dl this one although it took awhile. Interesting sound. Keep in mind that I'm listening on computer speakers, but none-the-less :D

I am hopping on the vocals need more clarity bandwagon. I can't make out lyrics in many spots. The vocals seem to get a little loose starting at 2:34 and some of the harmonies starting at around 3:00 and beyond could be a little tighter.

Sounds damn good overall and it was a fun listen. Nice collab guys. Good work!

Back