delta drivers 5.10.00.0027

MrLip

i have installed the new drivers

what is the bass management stuff for?

and now in sonar i have a new set of 'multichannel' drivers. what are these for?

why doesn't the midiman site have any info on this stuff?!@#$?

where do you see the bass management?

I dont see it. What OS are you on?

also , .27 is not the latest. .42 is the latest

MrLip said:
i have installed the new drivers

what is the bass management stuff for?

and now in sonar i have a new set of 'multichannel' drivers. what are these for?

why doesn't the midiman site have any info on this stuff?!@#$?
i have .27 installed i didn't know there were even newer drivers...
i might try them but .27 works great..

Bass management is just for that...Bass management.. some speakers can't pick up certain freq. so the bass management blocks it... so if you set it to 80hz... your not gonna get much responce under that... it blocks freq.
it also gives you speaker placement settings, which i like...i have mine set to 4ft right now...

as for sonar..:o ???
CyanJaguar said:

i use XPPro. bass management is right next to s/pdif, then you have the About tag.
i have Driver version: 5.10.00.0027
Panel version: 1.02.08

CyanJaguar said:

.42 are the latest drivers for Win9X

.27 is the latest for 2k and XP

c9-2001 said:

some speakers can't pick up certain freq. so the bass management blocks it... so if you set it to 80hz... your not gonna get much responce under that...

"some speakers can't pick up certain frequencies" ?

what applications would you use this 'bass management' for?

MrLip said:

"some speakers can't pick up certain frequencies" ?

what applications would you use this 'bass management' for?
no app...???
you'd use it if your speakers couldn't handle certain frequencies. lets say you have some studiophile 5inch monitors... when you tern up the music they're distorting b/c to much bass.. set the bass management.. so it cuts off certain frequencies

I must be missing something. I have the latest drivers, yet I don't have any bass management tab. Do you have to do something to make it appear?

"you'd use it if your speakers couldn't handle certain frequencies. lets say you have some studiophile 5inch monitors... when you tern up the music they're distorting b/c to much bass.. set the bass management.. so it cuts off certain frequencies"

Are you sure about that? It just doens't sound right to me.

Wouldn't it be more like, if you had 5" woofers, they wouldn't be able to produce the low frequencies. I don't see why that would cause them to distort.

I could be completely wrong, but I've never heard of such a thing.

Is there anything on the midiman website regarding this new feature? I haven't found anything about it.

i use the feature somethimes. i know what it does..if i set it to 120hz...nothing under 120hz goes to the speakers.

Wouldn't it be more like, if you had 5" woofers, they wouldn't be able to produce the low frequencies. I don't see why that would cause them to distort.

a 5inch woofer isn't made to produce the lower tones, but if it was a passive speaker that doesn't have built in crossovers and stuff like the active monitors, all the frequencies go to the speaker..and that will force it to distort...

i just ran a small little test to prove to myself if it works or not..

i played a 20hz test tone with a 6x9 car stereo speaker in my studio...i had the bass management off... the speaker was just about at peak to peak excursion and was very distorted.. i set the bass management to 100hz... the cone didn't even shake, move..nada...which it should at 20hz.. the bass management blocked anything under 100hz...

you understand...???

.42 are the latest drivers for Win9X

In other words, .42 are the latest MME drivers, .27 are the latest WDM drivers. The bass management page is only part of the WDM driver package. Also the WDM package causes the Delta Control Panel to show up in your systray, which is handy if you only use your computer as a DAW.

You can try the .27's with Win98 or WinME. I have heard people say they work, but I have not been able to get them to work properly for me with WinME. However, the .42 drivers are working fine for me with my 1010.

Back