Delta-66 & Surround Sound Apps

BluMusic

I have two questions that refer to the Delta-66 I have. I tried to consult my User Guide but it makes no reference to SS or even WinXp for that matter.

I'm very pleased that my Studio Setup is now giving me what I thought it should. But I would like to add another pair of Monitors and as Cubase Users know, we have the ability to mix projects in Surround Sound. So I'm using old out dated equipment and I think it might be limited.

I have KRK Rokit 5 Monitors are coming out of the Main L/R of a Mackie CR1604

1. Where would I patch in another pair of Monitors from this board if I wanted to add them?

2. If I were going to attempt a SS Setup, now I'm talking 5 Monitors plus a Sub. With the Delta-66 & Mackie CR1604 .. can I achieve this with this equipment or would a need to purchase a soundcard with more Ins & Outs ?

ThankYou

Last edited:
If I were going to attempt a SS Setup, now I'm talking 5 Monitors plus a Sub. With the Delta-66 & Mackie CR1604 .. can I achieve this with this equipment or would a need to purchase a soundcard with more Ins & Outs ?

You need a sound card with 6 discrete outputs. The Delta 66 has only 4, because the SPDIF can't feed a power amp or receiver. I have a Delta 66 on the "big rig" in my studio, and a FireBOX in my living room home theater for mixing surround on my laptop PC.

--Ethan

You need a sound card with 6 discrete outputs. The Delta 66 has only 4, because the SPDIF can't feed a power amp or receiver. I have a Delta 66 on the "big rig" in my studio, and a FireBOX in my living room home theater for mixing surround on my laptop PC.
--Ethan

I was thinking on those lines as well but according to this guy at GC he claimed the 66 has enuff assignable outs to pull it off. But according to the 66 manual, I don't see it.

But the fact that I don't see it doesn't mean it's not capable. I'm just not into buying anything more that I don't need right now.

The 66 has 4 D/A's and stereo S/PDIF. It could be employed in a surround sound setup if you used a pair of active monitors that takes a single S/PDIF in and splits it to a pair. Then you could use the 5/6 pair in the Delta to drive those for either front L/R or rear L/R.

Back