Delta 66 S/Pdif?

Jakearabble

I am using a delta 66 that runs into my vpr matrix comptuer using cubaseSX...I can record 4 tracks no problem...but i have a 66...is it possible for me to use the S/Pdif as two more inputs...if so how?...it was my understanding when i bought it that i could...any help would be greatly appreciated thanks alot

-Jake

i read something about an analog\digital converter...any advice\ways around that? im goin into the delta 66 from a mackie mixer...thanks again for any advice
-Jake

Jakearabble, good question man....I;ve a ST Audio C-port and want to know the same thing, goin' from 8 to 10 inputs would be a nice segway to another C-Port....
I remember something about an analog to S/Pdif converter too.....Come on guys, anyone know?...Cheers in advance....

In VST, you just use the VST Inputs panel to make those inputs available.

Don't know for SX. Sorry.

Daf

^^Should be the same on SX but I honestly don't know..

I will take a peak tonight for ya. I only have a delta 44 so I know how to work the analogs I figuired the digital ins and outs would be the same.

Geoff

this is to go with my questions...ok so when i go to VST inputs i get a couple different port choices...
Soundmax Digital Audio 1
Soundmax Digital Audio 2
MAudio Delta 66 Multichannel 1
MAudio Delta 66 Multichannel 2
Maudio Delta 66 1/2 1
Maudio Delta 66 1/2 2
Maudio Delta 66 3/4 1
Maudio Delta 66 3/4 2

Which one is my Spdif inputs?? im guessing the mutichannel 1 nd 2...any other suggestions...thanks in advance
-Jake

Using the S/Pdif on a Delta 66 card.

...is it possible for me to use the S/Pdif as two more inputs...if so how?...

I use Cubase SX, PC and have the Delta 66/OMNI card setup.
I have considered using the extra SPDIF inputs to increase my total from 4 inputs to 6 inputs.

Here is what I understand is necessary to do this. You need some type of Preamp with an A/D converter on it. A few options would be, the ART DPS DI/O Preamp System http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--ARTDPS for $259.95. Another would be a Behringer Pre w A/D conversion. A couple of other suggestions, would be if you alread own a device that a preamp and some type of digital outs. For example, a Sony Minidisc with coaxel outs or a DAT recorder with the same digital outs. One last option I thought of, is if you have a keyboard like a K2000. You could also use its digital outs and input into your card. I have done that with my music and it works great. The Delta card "locks" to the timecode of the K2000 digital signal @48khz - 16bit.

Either way, you will need some type of device connected digitally to the coaxel inputs. So, even if you get a Mackie mixer (unless it is a DB8 - digital board) then you will still need to convert the analogue signal to digital.

I hope this helps.

hey thanks alot man for replying,
yeh i suspected id end up spending more money!...well what can you do...thanks alot again man,
-Jake

Yeah, S/PDIF in is just a special digital input, it accepts a special digital signal. S/PDIF signals are stereo, or can be used at two tracks. So you can record two tracks of audio or a stereo signal trough your s/pdif in as long as you convert your digital sinal to analog first. You must turn on the SPDIF inputs in cubase, its under the panels as "VST Inputs". Then I'm assuming you know how to select which inputs you want on teh mixer.

OT: I'm stupid

I've finally got my new HD and I'm ready to begin attempting to record music.

I'm running SX with the Delta/Omni setup. My signal is coming from a guitar through a Johnson J-Station into the Delta 66 via S/PDIF. I can easily see the level meters bouncing on the screen when I play, but I've yet to determine why I cannot hear anything coming through my headphones. (I unfortunately don't have monitors.)

I can hear through eMagic logic just fine, so I assume it is my shortcoming in understanding how to set the program up properly. I apologize for the naivete of my inquiry as many of you here seem to be well versed, but there is so much to the interface that it is literally quite baffling and while I plan to learn much on my own, any help here would be appreciated.

Back