Delta 66/omni studio Pops/skips Resource based?

ambi

So it seems that the popping occurs when the system is being taxed more. IE: when playing files from a different harddrive than the primary drive, or when doing other tasks while listening, such as copying files.

this was never a problem with my SB. The delta is a much better card, doesn't make sense.

Is there an option i can set somewhere that will fix this? Sounds like something i should easily be able to tweak. Because of my system wasnt fast enough to run this card, midiman would have been out of business long ago.

Thanks for the responses. ha.

Ok i'm pretty certain it's a some wierd performance issue. Maybe the card isn't configured right? I can't even bounce tracks in logic without them freezing and saying it ran out of system resourses, every 10 seconds i get some ASIO lag error saying the system couldn't compute whatever in enough time.

What gives? Is there some setting i have to switch?

Come on guys this is SUPER irritating, right now my brand new card is all of useless to me.

Ok i went into the sound options in the control panel of win xp, and set the hardware conversion OFF, and the same rate conversion quality to the lowest. These aren't in the delta 66 control pannel, so will they affect the delta card? I turned them down and it seem to be working a little better, or are they supposed to be up to the max?

Are your buffers set too small?

Is the ASIO driver the only available one?

Is it the latest version?

Is the latest version the most stable version?

Has it been installed and uninstalled repeatedly and/or PROPERLY ? There's a few files that your recording application might create that reference the driver that wont be uninstalled when you uninstall the driver (because the driver didn't create them) that can give you a hard time if you've installed multiple times without removing them. I believe you have to uninstall the driver then do a search for anything called 'Delta' or 'M-Audio' that is still on your system and manually remove it.

Is windows doing a lot of background stuff? Win 98 had to be optimized to stop all background operations in order to prevent pops and clicks. Do a search on how to optimize your operating system for audio and turn off all unnecessary operations.

I've only installed it once.

I don't know where to adjust the buffer sizes, but i think they are ok/standard.

There is another option besides asio, and i don't know if it's the latest version? It's just an option in logic audio i didn't know you could update asio seperatly.

The drivers for my delta card are the most recent ones though.

Back