delta 66 and sonar 2xl setup ?s

nonethelessband

i recently installed a delta 66. All the drivers are intallled but i am having trouble setting up thye audio configurations on Sonar. Heres what I have. I have another soundcard ( soundblaster/with midi) cant recall the model number. Right know I have it set up that the in audio is the delta 66 and the out is the soudblaster out. The IRQ addresses are fine. If anyone has a similar set-up let me know, also Im not sure about the settings on the mixer for the delta 66?
Realy depressed
Rob

I want to understand but am getting stressed. I have the omni setup with the delta 66 and Sonar 2xl on a dell 4400 series, pentium 4, 1.6, 40 gig hard drive

In Sonar, under Options > Audio > Drivers, make sure the Delta is enabled and the SB is disabled.

When you are ready to record a track, go to the Input/Output tab in track view, and click the down arrow next to Input. You should see six choices, something like: Delta 1/2 Left, Delta 1/2 Right, Delta 1/2 Stereo, Delta 3/4 Left, Delta 3/4 Right, Delta Stereo.

These correspond to the physical input connections on your Delta breakout box. Delta 1/2 Left is Input #1, Delta 1/2 Right is Input #2. If the source you are recording from is a stereo source, you would plug it into the Delta 1 and 2 Inputs, and select Delta 1/2 Stereo in Sonar.

The 3/4 Connections work the same way. Left = 3, Right = 4.

As for the output, run cables from the Delta output connections (either 1 and 2, or 3 and 4) to your speakers or mixer or whatever you are connecting to. Then from the pull down arrow next to Output, chose the appropriate pair based on how you are physically connecting (i.e., 1/2 or 3/4).

Right know I have it set up that the in audio is the delta 66 and the out is the soudblaster out.

I assume you can do this, but why?

Also, if you followed my instructions above and disabled the SB, you won't see any output connections for the SB (or inputs for that matter). Personally I would only use the SB for midi. On second thought, with DXi's available I wouldn't use it for anything.

Right know I have it set up that the in audio is the delta 66 and the out is the soudblaster out.
I assume you can do this, but why?
My assumption would be to power the speakers and headphones.

Your life will get better as soon as you dump the sound blaster.I know a lot of people need this for dual purpose computers,if this is the case you can set up a hardware profile that will give you different setups for whichever mode(recording,home computer)you're in.
Go to settings/control panel/hardware profiles and set up a profile that does'nt include the soundblaster,if you can live without it.

acidrock said:
My assumption would be to power the speakers and headphones.

Except the Delta will do that better. Which was my point to begin with.

Why would you use a card with crappy d/a converters to power your speakers, when you could use the Delta with much better d/a converters?

Yup, I'm with everyone else on the Soundblaster issue... dump it and just use the Delta. There's no comparison between the two, and having both installed might only lead to confusion (at least that's what happened to me when I tried to do the same thing, but I'm easily confused :confused: )

Back