Delta 44

jonathangeiger

I am planning on buying a Delta 44, or something from M-Audio at least. I was wondering if it is possible, on the Delta 44, to run a straight and standard guitar cable (1/4" I think) or mic cable (if mic cables are still 1/4") right into it and record from that. I dont have money for a preamp, so I need someway to run a mic or something striaght into the sound card. Is this possible, and what cards will let me do that?

Becareful with the Delta 44...I just read another audio forum thread reguarding a low input signal as the deltas dont have a built in preamp. Even outta the guys fx proc he couldnt get a decent enough recording level without a mixer/pre-amp.

Kybdplr

Re: sub mixes

recordingman65 said:
how do you send submixes from a mixer to an audio interface?

If you're talking abouta card like the delta 44, you can route a submix on an aux buss into 2 of the mono inputs on the delta 44.

If you want the left and right channels of your submix on seperate tracks in your recording software, pan 1 channel hard left and the other hard right

jonathangeiger said:
...I was wondering if it is possible, on the Delta 44, to run a straight and standard guitar cable (1/4" I think) or mic cable (if mic cables are still 1/4") right into it and record from that. ...

you need a preamp for a microphone or something like a DI box for a guitar/bass - otherwise you're not going to get a usable signal. for guitar/bass, some amps have a preamp out that you can use to go direct into the delta.

at the least you can get a cheap behringer mixer - there's one for $50 that has 2 preamps and one for $80 that has 4.....

Well M-Audio doesn't claim that it can be used without a preamp/mixer for microphones. It clearly says that is has 4 LINE level inputs, so you need to feed it LINE level signals. Your post makes it sound like something is wrong/defective with the Delta 44.

kybdplr said:
Becareful with the Delta 44...I just read another audio forum thread reguarding a low input signal as the deltas dont have a built in preamp. Even outta the guys fx proc he couldnt get a decent enough recording level without a mixer/pre-amp.

Kybdplr

Back