Delta 44 with DMP3 sufficient for what I'm doing?

dbeanerz

I pretty much plan on recording vocals, acoustic guitar, synth/keys
from a Yamaha CS6X, and using my bass guitar, and electic guitar
direct through the DMP3.

So, would having a Delta 44 along with a DMP3 be a wise decision?
Are there any other products that I should look into? I'm enjoying
the price range provided with this. And already have MIDI through
a 1x1 Midiman that I use just for controls.

Also, I wont be recording more then two tracks at once,
example, guitar and vocals.

Thanks.

If you are only recording two tracks at once, maybe the 2496 would be better as its money saved. With that said, I would go with somthing that allows room to grow like the 44/66/1010LT/1010.

I actually do have a 2496, but am not a fan of the RCA IN. And I agree, that allowing room to grow seems important.

Yeah, that's definitely a decent setup for basic home recording. I don't care for the DMP3 much as a bass DI (kinda touchy), but it will work for everything you're recording just fine.

Speaking as a DMP3/Delta 1010 user I wouldn't recommend it at all for bass or guitar DI... maybe a combination of a D112 and direct for bass, and just mic a guitar amp. Should be great for everything else though.

I use a DMP3, and a 44 myself. Works fine for vox, and acoustic guitar. I usually ddouble mic my acoustic, and this setup works great for it. I use a Sansamp bass DI, and a POD for distorted guitar though. Running my bass direct, just didn't sound the way I wanted it to, and I want many guitar tones myself....

I actually went ahead and got a Firebox, along with the DMP3. Hopefully this works out to my liking. Thanks for everyones input.

Back