Delta 44, Win2k, Irq. How?

Tussin

Ok I hope someone helps me out here, I should know these things but it has been so freaking long since I needed to put somthing on its own IRQ that I have forgot, lol. Well I am running Win2k. Got a delta 44 (which needs its own irq). Well it is on IRQ 9 right now, along with my Video Card, my other Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, and about 4 other devices. I am getting pops and clicks with the Delta, so I hope this might help. But how do you go about doing it is my question:)

Thanks yall.

I plugged in my Delta 1010 and it just worked, so I haven't had to research this.

I recall reading on this board that an easy way to change the IRQ is just to try installing the card in another slot. And it's an easy thing to try.

They're all on 9 because you're PC is setup as ACPI.

1) Determine whether you really really have a problem. If you don't have a problem, you don't have a problem. I know it sounds stupid.

2) To change from ACPI to a Standard PC, open up the device manager and right-click on the ACPI driver, then change it to Standard PC. DANGER: this will require you to reinstall ALL of your drivers after it reboots. MORE DANGER: Your system might not come up at all. Usually works just fine though.

After that, you'll be able to see all of your devices and their IRQ settings. To change the IRQ that your delta is on, physically move it to another PCI slot. Be aware of which PCI slots on your motherboard share with eachother and possibly onboard devices such as an ATA controller. Also, some motherboards will allow you to assign IRQ's to specific slots, so check the BIOS if you can't move the card.

Slackmaster 2000

Back