delta 44 problem

ModalMike

hey,
i installed the delta 44 and the updated drivers, selected delta 44 multitrack for both playback and recording devices. The moniters connected to the in's work fine. But i cand record with the mic. not even in windows sound recorder. HELP!
i am using an AMD 1800+, 256 megs RAm...
mike

Mike, why would you hook monitors to the input of the 44 ??
You will need to be more specific on your question so we know what you are doing...if you know what your doing

Mike, why would you hook monitors to the input of the 44 ??
You will need to be more specific on your question so we know what you are doing...if you know what your doing

The moniters are hooked up to the outs (1&2). Truthfully they are hooked up thre because i didnt know where else to hook them up. And I dont know what im doing. Im usually good at trial and error type stuff. The delta manual isnt very much help either.
I am trying to use cakewalk guitar tracks (which i bought to tide me over till I get Sonar). but that tells me there is a problem with my sound hardware but there isn't when i run checks through windows...

mike

Thats more like it ! You are correct in hooking to the outputs 1&2 for monitors.
It appears as though your software is the issue. Are you using a mic with a 1/4" plug and tieing into input 1 ?
Or another type of mic ?
I dont know guitar tracks interface, but are you instructing it to record on track 1 ? Are you arming the track for record ?
What is the error message it is giving you ?

I think it is a problem with how i have ithe d 44 set up. Do i set the playback and record for delta44 multitrack or do i have to assign different channels like 1/2, or moniter mixer?
I am getting no signal to the windows sound recorder. It is an Audio Technica mic XLR>1/4" plugged into the 1 input of the direct box.
Guitar tracks is giving me a message that there is a problem w/ my sound hardware and to add new hardware. I have done this to no avail. Plus since its doing it with the windows sound recorder, i dont think its a cakewalk issue.
mike
PS
how do i select multiple drivers in the cakewalk menu? it only allows me to select one at a time.
pps.
if i download the newest drivers for the 44 and update drivers, do the other drivers get deleted? do i want to do trhis or simply add them.

Help is GREATLY appreciated Stealth. Let me know when you need some new gear. I work at a major music store and will treat you accordingly...we do ship.

mike

I hear ya Mike,
When you installed the newest drivers you should have uninstalled the old ones first.
Suggestion: Uninstall the drivers and the card in device manager, and uninstall the software thru control panel>uninstall.
Reboot> Reinstall the latest drivers when prompted.
Make sure your using the drivers for the specific OS your using {WIN98, 2k, XP}
I dont know cakewalk enough to tell you how to get there, but there should be a driver window where you instruct cakewalk to use the m-audio drivers for record and playback.
I wouldn't be concerned with windows recorder.

The Delta 44 has line level inputs; you can't plug a mic in there and get a decent signal... you need a mic preamp to get the mic signal up to line level.

I work at a major music store and will treat you accordingly...we do ship.
You work at a major music store and you don't know the difference between mic level and line level? Sounds like you work at Guitar Center.

Can I use my old tascam (porta 02) 4 track as a preamp to tide me over by connecting the line out (RCA) into the line in on the 44?

Last edited:
if its a dynamic mic, yes you can.....if its a condenser, you need phantom power......

Back