delta 44/66

nydeath

i think i'm sold on the delta 444 or 66 sound card. i just have a few questons about it.....

can i use the delta card with windows xp? (the site says win98)

is it compatible with different interfaces such as cakewalk, cool edit, pro tools, etc?

i'll prob have a few more coming i'm sure. thanks guys.

I use the Delta 66 with windows xp and Sonar 3. It works great. The Delta 66 has SPDIF on it which I use to sync it with my Audiophile 2496 to get more inputs. I recommend the 66 because of this. It means that if you add another card like the Audiophile 2496 or Delta 1010, you can still use the Delta 66 and not throw it away.

Can you also synch it up with another 66? I have been looking at this card for primarily this reason. I figured that down the road it would enable me to expand.

Are there other card in this price range I should be considering?

Thanks!

the difference between the 44 and 66 is the ability of the 66 to connect to other cards to expand. from what i've gathered you can use the added 2 connectors to go to another 66 up to 4 of them for 24 total in/outs.

Nope! The difference is that the 66 has digitial SP/DIF IO. This allows you to sync it up with other 66 cards, but it also allows you to use an external A/D converter to get two additional inputs into the card, for a total of 6 inputs. The 44 only has 4 analog inputs.

nydeath said:
the difference between the 44 and 66 is the ability of the 66 to connect to other cards to expand. from what i've gathered you can use the added 2 connectors to go to another 66 up to 4 of them for 24 total in/outs.

If you use the S/PDIF port to synch the cards to each other, doesn't that preclude the possibility of using it as an i/o port?

So really, if you synch four Delta 66 cards together you really only get 16 analog ins and outs (4x4, not 6x4).

i'm not sure. i read somewhere that they can be synched to 24 ins. the a/d converter is what gives you the 2 digital ins or something lie that. all this computer stuff still confuses me a bit.

no. because you can use an external a/d converter to add 2 more inputs to the 4 analog ones all ready here giving you 6 inputs. after reading thru the manual this is what i'm thinking. that's what i'm trying to figure out here.

Yeah, you could use a A/D to get two extra inputs but then you could not sync it with another card. I looked for and a/d back when the audiophile was my only card. They are pretty expensive. It would be just as easy to by another delta 66.

With 4 Delta (except Delta44) cards...
Delta #1 s/pdif in is free
Delta #1 s/pdif out feeds #2 in
#2 out feeds #3 in
#3 out feeds #4 in
#4 s/pdif out is free.
When S/pdif in is used, the card/s can only run at the sample-rate of whatever is feeding it has.

The Windows WDM driver supports MME/Wave (Cool Edit), DirectSound (Media player), ASIO (Cubase, Sonar), GSIF (Gigastudio) and DirectKS (Sonar).

Back