Delta 1010LT: no phantom power

lapieuvre

Just for you guys know it has no phantom power in its 2 mic preams. I thought that in the control panel of the M-audio you could turn phantom power on, which is not the case...

Just for you guys to know, it is a detail i wish I would have known BEFORE I bought the card.

lapieuvre said:
Just for you guys know it has no phantom power in its 2 mic preams. I thought that in the control panel of the M-audio you could turn phantom power on, which is not the case...

Just for you guys to know, it is a detail i wish I would have known BEFORE I bought the card.

Then you'll love the second detail: the pres themselves aren't that great from what a number of folks have said. (I never used the pres on mine, so don't quote me on that.)

Consider adding a Peavey PV8 mixer. Phantom power and four pres that are actually worth using for $110.

"the pres themselves aren't that great from what a number of folks have said"

There are jumper settings on the sound card for the input level to be adjusted. Anyway for my everyday recording it is good enough (though no phantom...) When I want high quality recording I will rent a good preamp (manley, avalon or some other dream machine).

Cool, I didn't know such thing existed! (phantom power supply)

I posted somewhere else that i couldn't record on input 8 with my delta1010lt... I Had the same problem with the Roland VM3100P as input 7 and 8 were unusable. Is there a particular reason or I just got a defective soundcard?

I wouldn't jump right into "defective"...is there yet a chance you've got a configuration issue? Check the Delta Control Panel to make sure you don't have things patched or muted. What are you using for recording/tracking software? Make sure it's configured properly as well.

Delta 1010LT's have two mic preamps (inputs #1 and #2...the XLR connectors). The pre-amp is enabled/disabled by inserting/removing jumpers on the PCI board. They're not the greatest in the world but useable.

undrgrnd studio said:
Does that mean my 1010 has twp preamps? I thought they didn't have preamps?

The m-audio delta 1010lt has two pre-amps . The m-audio delta 1010 has no pre-amps (i could be wrong).

Back