Delta 1010lt - multiple cards, once again

tcobb

Okay, let's try this again. The stupid computer I was on before kept locking up causing the multiple posts. I didn't know that my message had been posted.

I asked earlier about advantages and disadvantages of 1010 vs. 1010lt. Didn't get much response. Although I would like to purchase one of these units. (it's for church music recording)

Right now I'm looking to record a maximum of eight tracks simultaneously. It's possible, although maybe unlikely, that in the future I will want to record more than eight or ten tracks at once. Can I hook up two of these units to do so?

I am putting together a computer with approximate specs: 1.4 Ghz, 60 gb hd, 256 ram. I will be using Cool Edit Pro.

I went through the M-Audio website but wasn't positively sure my questions were answered. So I wanted some advice from those in the know. Sorry for the multiple posts before. Have patience, I'm new to digital recording and just learning as I go.

Thanks

Differences and similarities between 1010LT and 1010.

LT has no breakout box. 1010 does. This secures your input and output jacks in a nice rackmount box. Its easier to use. Its easier to plug things in and out. Its convenient. You pay more for convenience.

LT has 2 mic preamps. 1010 does not.

LT has unbalanced RCA ins and outs. 1010 has balanced 1/4" ins and outs. I hate RCA. Its a battle. Id much rather have 1/4." But its a personal preferance I guess. As for balanced and unbalanced, thats not my area of expertise.

As for connecting multiple cards. That is also not my area of expertise. I do know that for the money, the LT is a fine deal. I dont miss having the breakout box. Although the breakout box would look cool, and people would walk in and go 'wow thats some breakout box you have.' But thats ok.

Back