Delta 1010 vs. Layla vs. Aark 24

Hiduk

I'm not tied to Cakewalk. In fact, I have some reservations about it.

I have checked out the DIGI001 Mac version. It was very cool. But, I have heard a lot of horror stories about being the first one on the block to buy a new piece of hardware/software (the PC version). It usually takes them a couple of iteraions to get the drivers right.

I also don't really want to wait until March for something that could be pushed back indefinately.

I got $1000 for Christmas and I'm ready to take the home studio plunge. I've done my homework and narrowed it down to these three cards. I need to get the card and Cakewalk for my $1000. Any other suggestions?

Does anyone have serious experience with these cards? Pros/Cons ?

Caution: Lexicon core-2 has had major problems. Stores around here have been getting 'em back. Flawed goods, it seems. I have a friend who's been doing wonders with the Lexicon Studio since last year, but it costs a mint more than you've got, Hiduk. If you chip in the salestax (if there is such a thing in the US), you can get both great card and ProTools software for 990$ in the Digi-001 package (should be out for PC by March). Of course, if you absolutely need your cakewalk fix, you could go for your topic header - Aark 24... Dragon loves it, and I definitely trust his judgement. I just don't know the cost.

Stay away from Layla, if you notice there are selling for around 500.00 now 1000.00 2 months ago. Event has dropped them and you will get no tech support..just remember you get what you pay for

Back